May 1, 2020
Alexis Lindsay is from Mount Pleasant, SC, and is a graduate of the Clemson University Honors College where she earned her undergraduate degree. She attended the University of South Carolina School of Law and the Moore School of Business, where she received her law degree and International MBA, respectively. Following law school, Alexis clerked for the Honorable G. Thomas Cooper, Jr., South Carolina Circuit Court Judge, and the Honorable Joseph F. Anderson, Jr., United States District Judge for the District of South Carolina. Alexis then worked for a litigation firm where she gained valuable experience representing clients in a wide variety of matters in various state and federal court forums, including many related to governmental powers.
Alexis’s practice focuses on governmental counsel, and she advises local governments on a wide variety of everyday matters and special projects. Drawing on her significant litigation experience, Alexis is able to advise clients and help implement programs to navigate potential claims and mitigate risk. In addition to advising clients, her experience includes drafting ordinances, resolutions, intergovernmental agreements, and organizational documents.
- South Carolina Bar
- Richland County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- Executive Committee, John Belton O'Neall Inn of Court
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
CIVIC ACTIVITIES AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Executive Committee, Vista Guild Board of Directors
- Leadership Columbia, 2013
- Law clerk to the Honorable G. Thomas Cooper, Jr., South Carolina Circuit Court Judge, 2009-2010
- Law clerk to the Honorable Joseph F. Anderson, Jr., United States District Judge for the District of South Carolina, 2010-2011