March 18, 2019
C.D. Rhodes III is a native of Manning, South Carolina. He is a 2001 graduate of the College of Charleston, and a 2013 graduate of the University of South Carolina School of Law. Mr. Rhodes also holds a Masters Degree in Public Administration from the University of South Carolina. Mr. Rhodes focuses on governmental representation, with an emphasis on economic development.
C.D. Rhodes provides advice and counsel to counties, municipalities, and special purpose districts throughout South Carolina on a broad array of issues. C.D. spent the early part of his career working in local government in local and regional planning, as well as in residential development in Clarendon County. He is able to draw on his past experience in government and development, and his education in public administration to help local governments develop creative solutions to complex problems. C.D. regularly advises his clients on both day-to-day issues and more complex issues such as contract negotiations and litigation matters. Mr. Rhodes has a particular interest in representing governmental interests in economic development projects and developing incentive packages.
Recent and current engagements include serving as co-county attorney for economic development matters to a large South Carolina county and advising several other counties on economic development incentives, serving as local counsel to a mid-sized municipality, and drafting and negotiating utility contracts for numerous municipalities, counties and special purpose districts.
Civic Activities and Community Involvement
- Chair, Board of Directors and Advocates, Historic Columbia Foundation, 2018 to present
- Member, Board of Directors and Advocates, Historic Columbia Foundation, 2015 to Present
- Leadership Columbia, 2017
- South Carolina Economic Development Institute, Class of 2014
- Member, Trout Unlimited, Saluda Chapter
Awards and Achievements
- South Carolina Bar
- Richland County Bar Association
- Municipal Association of South Carolina
- South Carolina Association of Counties
- South Carolina Special Purpose Districts Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers