March 20, 2018
Mr. Davis is a native of New York City and graduated from the University of Michigan in 1995 and the University of Virginia School of Law in 1998. He was admitted to practice in North Carolina in 1998 and in South Carolina in 2006 and concentrates in public finance. Mr. Davis serves on the firm’s management committee.
Mr. Davis advises public entities, lenders and underwriters in a broad array of public finance transactions. He regularly serves as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel and lender’s counsel, with an emphasis on public schools, higher education, student housing, local governmental and land-based transactions. Mr. Davis has extensive experience with the highly complicated transaction structures inherent in project finance and installment-purchase transactions.
Recent engagements include serving as bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel in connection with school district financings in South Carolina; serving as underwriter’s counsel and lender’s counsel for general governmental transactions in North Carolina and South Carolina; and serving as underwriter’s counsel for student housing transactions and large land-based development transactions throughout the United States. Prior to joining Pope Flynn, Mr. Davis worked at McGuireWoods LLP from 1998 to 2012.
- Bond Counsel, $84,800,000 South Carolina School District General Obligation Bonds, Series 2016
- Underwriter’s Counsel, $262,855,000 Installment Purchase Refunding Revenue Bonds (on behalf of a South Carolina School District), Series 2015
- Underwriter’s Counsel, $42,940,000 Public Finance Authority Taxable Parking Revenue Bonds (Parking Project in Nashville, TN), Series 2014
- Underwriter’s Counsel, $45,000,000 California Statewide Communities Development Authority Student Housing Revenue Bonds, Series 2013
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- North Carolina State Bar
- South Carolina Bar